I "Bit The Bullet" and ordered one of those Magic Jacks to turn my computer into a phone, even though I read lots of bad reviews on it! It was only $39.95 and included ONE year of service! You can see it at magicjack.com. It only costs $19.95 per year for service (no tax or surcharges) and you pick whatever area code you want your phone number to be. Now I already have my phone number for South Carolina ... and it is working too! I will have that number forever, without having to disconnect and reconnect phone service EVER again!!! Check it out, it has my complete recommendation!
2nd High Tech Gadget: Not very high tech ... just cheap solution to cable tv ... I bought FOUR of those DTV Converter Boxes! I got four $40 coupons from the dtv.gov website (by using two different addresses) and spent $60 each for the converters (I paid the $20 difference each at Circuit City). I researched them and found my brand, Zenith, is the number 2 rated box. It changes the analog signal on your TV to digital (must have it by February 2009) if you do not have cable service. Well ... it greatly improves the picture and also gives you extra channels too! I recommend this purchase to anyone who does not plan on having cable or replacing all their old TV's with digital ones once February come along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment