It has been quite a year ... and was the year this blog was created! Here are some of the highlights of my year:
1. After already selling my house in 2007, I was lucky to move into an apartment right upstairs from my daughter for the winter! It was a fun adventure, grazing through her cupboards and refridgerator(s) anytime I wanted! It was also fun having others to cook for and keep me busy. I enjoyed another tax season at my former job and will really miss my former co-workers and clients!
I also took a great leap of faith and got a roommate for the empty bedroom that was going to waste in my apartment. I couldn't have been luckier than finding Shelley to be that roommate and will never forget her!
2. I also got serious about taking the steps to move South and become the "snow-bird" that I always dreamed of being! After several attempts of purchasing my home in South Carolina, I was finally successful in closing the deal in May!
3. In light of moving South, Jacob and I decided he would move out of his group home and back in with me. I was so afraid he would miss the life and stucture he had there, but he has not had one regret since then, and neither have I!
4. It was a great year of not losing any loved ones and even gaining some friends and one family member (welcome to Ethan, son of Chad and Mandy)!
5. I enjoyed great moments of pride this year too. Michele struggled and fought to get the dream job that she loves and worked so hard for. Aaron finally found a job he loved and became independent with his car on the road with his own insurance and registration too! Jacob has matured to such a responsible and sensible man that I couldn't be prouder of!
6. All my fears and anxiety about driving and moving to South Carolina were, fortunately, unfounded and have turned into a safe and healthy decision. I do miss NY and am looking forward to the summer there.
I sure hope and pray that 2009 will be another year of positive experiences and will also not have any disappointments, regrets or losses. THAT would make for another, consecutive, wonderful year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment