Sunday, June 29, 2008
What is HEALTHY & FREE???
Yummy.... Yummy! Yesterday, we got a hot tip on a bountiful pair of Cherry trees in the park! We were shown the "secret location" and left there to pick. My sister and I were in our "Cherry Picking Glory"! Who appears??? The owners of the lot! "Mr. & Mrs. Asian' were not too happy with us helping ourselves, and we were very apologetic... but we left with PERMISSION to return in a few hours, once they had picked some to take back to their home in Rochester. I took my nephew, Bryan, back there today and picked a few quarts before the thunder and lightening chased us off. Between the cherries, free strawberries galore from my sister's garden, the abundant crop of raspberries soon to ripen in the open (free) area, and hundreds of apple trees to pick from towards Fall, the freezer will be full with healthy fruit to last a very long time! I am also dehydrating lots of my harvest to add to my trail mix that I always keep stocked up on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment