Sunday, April 12, 2009

1/3 Down & 2/3 To Go

We left South Carolina at 2:11 p.m. and arrived at our hotel in Richmond, VA at about 8:30 pm. The trip was pretty good and fairly uneventful ... I followed Gene and Chris with them in their pickup and me in my rental truck, towing my car behind me.

My dog, Darma, was excellent ... with an empty stomach and a Dramamine given her before we left (I found out the day before that she gets carsick)! She didn't get sick and I gave her a few little drinks of water and one dog biscuit a few hours into the ride.

Only one li'l close call occurred when I realized I could see all of Chrissy's belongs in her pickup, and especially saw her dog bed (with no dog in it, thank God) almost flying out the back. I realized her tailgate had dropped down and signaled them to pull over. Luckily, nothing flew out and we proceeded on with no other problems.

Tomorrow is about a 5 hr. drive on to Harrisburg, PA and stay overnight and then FINALLY on to Buffalo! Then the work begins again, emptying the truck at both camp and at storage. But, it's ok, I have the rest of the summer off ...haha

No comments: