I was laboring over trying to get my gas lawn mower to start this year. I had taken good care of draining it completely of fuel last Fall, cleaning the oil filter, and putting fresh fuel in this year. It would not start, no matter how much priming and rope pulling I did. I took out the spark plug and planned on replacing that next. My brother-in-law Gene, who is an expert at small engine repair, told me that if the spark plug is dry, that means there is no gas going to it and that I should take apart the mower and clean the carburetor. I did take off some parts, but I could not even FIND the carburetor, let alone clean it! LOL
After some research, and a trip to the Post Office for a "Mover's Kit" which contains a 10% Lowes coupon, I headed over there and bought this beauty:

It is all electric!!! No gas EVER needed ... no oil EVER needed ....no spark plug EVER needed ... no oil filter to EVER clean ... and no pollution or carbon footprint ... and much quieter than a gas mower. Simply take it out of the box, unfold the handle and plug it in! Yes, you do have to take care to not run over the cord (they have cordless ones at a much higher price and they don't hold a charge for long), but it is just like a vacuum cleaner in that respect!
Getting a simpler and maintenance-free lawn mower while helping lessen our dependence on foreign oil and not polluting the environment is a WIN-WIN situation!

No comments:
Post a Comment