Saturday, September 27, 2008

One Week Later ...

Well... it has been one week since I left NY and ... I'm homesick already! There are several reasons for this, so far.
  • When any stranger talks to me, I have to constantly remind myself that they are NOT doing their best Jeff Foxworthy impression!

  • Everyone tells me "Don't drive on the 501 ... it is way too much traffic and takes forever to get anywhere"... Guess what? You can almost go NOWHERE without taking the darn 501!!! I have been two blocks over ... to the grocery store and Dollar General and the thrift store ... about 5 times already and am SICK of it!

  • 3. I got cable TV and cannot possibly WATCH all those channels! Heck... I can't even FIND the channels I want! Who puts channel 2, 4, and 7 up around 10, 13, and 15 (I think)? Where did they put MSNBC and FOX news?

Hopefully I will get used to the local's accents (and maybe even understand them), and will get the nerve up to not listen to everyone and take the dreaded 501, and find some time to study the channel line-up (and someday memorize it) and things will be better :-(

2 comments:

Maren said...

I'm so glad it's not just me that can't handle the accents. It makes people sound less intelligent. Kind of annoying! I agree with the channels, who needs more than 30? sheesh!

Needless to say... Welcome to the South!

Carousel711 said...

Ahhh but at least your awesome daughter provided you with your cell phone so you can keep close tabs with home! LOL Soon it will be you with the accent! As far as the channels, yes 2,4,7, MSNBC, Tru TV, and TLC are I need! I can see all things aren't that bad! I wish I could be on the beach!!!! I miss you too! Love, Michele